Administrative Assistant- Business Administration with Construction Administration Specialization
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work . We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant- Business Administration with Specification and Construction Administration Specializations based in our Dayton, OH office.
The Administrative Assistant- Business Administration will manage the administrative processes of submittal (specification) work and construction administration for projects with minimal supervisory direction. This individual will coordinate and prepare specifications per discipline including quality review and be familiar with specification software such as Specs Intact and SpecLink.
- Coordinate review and follow-up on CA support documentation such as submittals and RFIs.
- Assist with distribution of contractor record drawings, change orders, etc. related to construction installations.
- Post information and maintain project websites as required.
- Assist with all Construction Administration initiatives as required.
- Attend, participate, and assist with meeting minutes in project meetings as requested.
- Maintains accurate and efficient record archival system including off-site archiving following company retention policy.
- Maintains databases as directed.
- Maintains accurate and efficient filing system (electronic and paper).
- Maintains company equipment (e.g. printer, postage machine, and copier).
- Creates and modifies documents using company adopted software.
- Produces drafts, reports, correspondence and forms as required.
Additional Functions as required
- Supports staff in assigned projects.
Perform duties as assigned which can include but are not limited to:
- Answers incoming calls by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner.
- Directs phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Replies to general information requests with accurate information.
- Greets visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assists visitors with sign in process including debrief to foreign nationals.
- Performs general administrative duties (e.g. photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing).
- Sorts incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution.
- Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail, and packages.
- Acts as expense report reconciler for outside crew and other employees as appropriate.
- Monitors office phone system and voice mail.
- Coordinates conference room reservations and in-house meetings including necessary equipment setup and food/beverage accommodations.
- Coordinates or organizes all office training, meetings and events.
- Proficient in using personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, data bases and word processing documents.
- Provides specialized Discipline or Market support or maintains an administrative process specific to a group.
- Prioritizes, plans and organizes standard administrative work to accomplish support to office/team with limited managerial input required. Provides solution and requests approval, as needed.
- A recognized expert in using personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, data bases, and word processing documents.
- Works with minimal direction and performs office functions and makes decisions at a local level with no direct supervision.
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity, and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security, and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they're serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Learn more about our Great Place To Work certification: