ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(including but not limited to):
- Provides administrative support for the Senior Vice President, their direct reports and Physician Leaders (as needed), including typing, transcribing, scheduling, travel arrangements, maintaining spreadsheets and developing presentations.
- Independently composes correspondence and minutes of meetings based on knowledge of policy and personal discretion.
- Coordinate various office support services including purchasing and facilities management.
- Leads vendor evaluations and selections. Maintains relationships with vendors.
- Meeting planner and facilitator for corporate meetings, such as annual Shareholder Meeting and Annual CME Seminar.
- Establish and maintain strong communication links with Business Development, Executive Leadership and Departmental personnel.
- Attends committee and division meetings and drafts meeting minutes.
- Answers telephone, screens calls and refers callers to the appropriate individual. Answers inquiries requiring standard answers.
- Proofreads correspondence and minutes, correcting grammatical errors, punctuation and spelling.
- Provides and coordinates back up support for Receptionist and other Administrative Assistants, as needed (if applicable).
- Files correspondence, records, reports and minutes.
- Maintains and distributes for signature corporate files, including shares of stock.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail; opens, sorts and prioritizes correspondences for executive.
- Compiles and types reports and proposals. Prepares reports and proposals for final distribution.
- Makes travel arrangements as needed for executives, physicians, and staff.
- Act as a Team Leader to other Assistants in understanding or completing projects and meeting project deadlines and provides training and guidance to them.
- Take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature made by Senior Staff.
- Coordinate workflow and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Takes minutes at various meetings, including several evening meetings such as Clinical Governance Board.
- Performs Space Planning activities for the office, with collaboration from SVP.
- Orders furniture and office equipment, tracks equipment and schedules maintenance of equipment.
- Take initiative & coordinate admin staff during special projects, requests and inquiries of administrative nature & ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinates due diligence projects and materials for SVP during potential group additions to the organization.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to train others on system usage, including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as outside vendors and clients.
- Advanced ability to organize.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of office management practices, and secretarial procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type from draft copy, review and edit reports and correspondence.
- Skill in gathering and reporting information.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with staff, physicians and external customers.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a pleasant disposition with strong interpersonal and leadership skills and high tolerance level.
- Outstanding Time Management Skills and Reliability
- Outstanding Organizational Skills
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associate degree in business administration or secretarial program is preferred.
- Two years of administrative executive healthcare experience required.
- Experience in a health care organization required.
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.