To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary:This position is accountable for the following: Customer service, cash handling and accounting, stocking, pricing, rotating, and displaying of merchandise, housekeeping inside and outside of store, store safety and store security, and deli food sales and cooking.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to work with customers and co-workers and be able to work all shifts, weekends, and nights. Must be able to operate an electronic cash register and other equipment. On the job training for this position is 24 hour for Convenience Stores, 40 hours for Truck Stops.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Require ability to read, write, understand, and speak English.
Require ability to perform basic math computations at the 8th grade level.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a ten key calculator with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to operate the following equipment safely and accurately; credit card machine (electric and manual), Trendar machines, safe, telephone, Lottery machine, public address system, gas consoles, hand cart, check verification machine, and cleaning tools.
- Ability to adhere to all safety rules in on site Safety Manual.
- Ability to wear proper uniform and maintain personal hygiene to meet all health standards.
- Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and restaurant operations.
- Ability to assist second cashier or manager as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Waiting on customers, operating computerized cash register, give correct change, scan credit cards and checks. Bag merchandise.Stock shelves and cooler.Clean and maintain fountain area.Remembering regular customer s names and faces. Suggest selling and assisting customers to locate merchandise.Accurate and effective completion of shift paper work.Clean rest rooms, deli equipment, dusting shelves and merchandise, windows, doors, empty trash cans, sweeping and mopping.Use of fire extinguisher and other safety equipment.Detection of shoplifters.Vendor check-in procedures.Use of protocol system and drive off controls.Listening and handling customer complaints.Use of price book, safety manual, and store restroom logs.Advises store manager of any situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance.Answer and screen telephone calls properly.Policing the store.Sweep lot, shovel snow, clean gas pumps, fills water/cleaning solution buckets on islands.
1. Any other job duties as assigned by supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to remain in walk in freezer for one hour.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent background noise.
- Ability to work in an open environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction.
Associated topics: client service, counter, customer, deliver, delivering, retail associate, sales, sales associate, service representative, shop