About Textron Systems:
Textron Systems businesses are industry leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services.
The Senior Staff Assistant will support the Mission Support & Modernization (MSM) organization at Textron Systems, Unmanned Systems. The candidate will work with the team to assist in activities and provide daily administrative support. This position reports to the Director(s) of Mission Support & Modernization and will have the following responsibilities:
- Direct support to the Directors of Mission Support & Modernization
- Work with the MSM senior management in coordinating daily activities, team communications, and assisting with program meetings and other program support efforts.
- Assist in the development of surveys, studies, and reports.
- Assist in the roll-out and administration of functionally-specific initiatives.
- May assist in the development and implementation of new departmental techniques and methods.
- Utilize various systems and tools to support project activities such as project set ups, status updates and monitoring of program performance.
- Support business development efforts with customer support requests as needed and support the development of any needed customer, and other, briefings.
- Provide administrative support to MSM including meeting management, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense report management, maintaining office equipment and supplies, mail distribution, maintaining kitchen supplies, etc.
- Responsible for supporting new and existing employees with IT requests, facilities issues, keys, and office space requirements.
- Provide follow-up on written correspondence and telephone inquiries; may compose responses for leader and make recommendations for action.
- Serve as a resource to others within the work group / department and may serve as a resource to others across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- Required: High School graduate with four or more years of secretarial or administrative support experience.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and experience using Microsoft office and Concur expense/travel reporting software.
- Ability to interface with senior management, cross organizations, internal and external customers, or government and community officials which requires considerable tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize a variety of assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor, possess interpersonal qualities needed for effective collaboration.
- Applicant must be a self-starter, someone who has energy and desire to engage beyond the traditional administrative support role.
- Candidates with experience in an engineering organization are preferred