StemExpress is a life-sciences company that supplies leading biomedical researchers around the world with stem cells, human primary cells and tissue at life-changing speed.
We are proud of the role we play in helping the global research community accelerate the pace of disease prevention and cure through research.
We feel strongly that interpersonal behaviors are as important as technical aptitude. Thus, our values of Integrity, Curiosity, Accountability, Nimbleness, Drive and Ownership are represented by the acronym I CAN DO! In our fun and fast-paced environment, we bring the I CAN DO enthusiasm to everything we accomplish for each other and the fabulous clients we serve.
The StemExpress Procurement team is driven to provide researchers high-quality products at life-changing speed. The donor center excels at providing outstanding customer service with the purpose of collecting tissue and blood samples intended for research.
The Administrative Assistant provides office services to the Stem Cell Collection Center, which include, greeting customers/donors, appointment scheduling and following administrative systems, procedures, and policies.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
To be successful, the Administrative Assistant for the Stem Cell Collection Center will do the following:
* Support the day-to-day operations of donor center compliance
* Schedule appointments for Collection Center donors
* Scan and upload patient charts to database
* Accurately document regulatory and required Collection Center information, including External Infectious Disease Screening (EIDS) program
* Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our donors, customers and internal departments
* Display strong administrative skills
* Maintain an organized reception area
* Proficiently deliver information and answer questions through phone and electronic inquiries
* Update the visitor log, verify identification and issue security passes as applicable
* May be required to check-in and/or ship out products and supplies
Other Functions and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned when needed.
This position will have oversight for no personnel.
* Must have a flexible day shift work schedule to accommodate both early and late hour specimen procurement schedules
* Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
* Be outcome-oriented
* Work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong attention to detail is essential
* Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
* Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
* Demonstrate critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent at verbal and written communication
* A valid driver's license
* Practice with Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and continuous improvement
* Experience with hands-on administrative support
* Medical office, hospital or blood bank experience