Under the direct supervision of the HR Executive Director this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the HR Executive Director and department. Performs a wide variety of routine and non-routine duties to include, but not limited to: handling highly confidential and sensitive information, compose and draft written correspondence on behalf of the HR Executive and Assistant Directors, coordination of meetings and conferences, resolve and relay routine telephone and/or walk-in inquiries, and day-to-day human resource operations. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures.
Duties may include, but are not limited, to support the following:
* Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
* Serve as the primary front-end receptionist to include, but not limited to: Greeting visitors, assessing their needs and effectively determining how to meet their needs
* Provide clerical/administrative support to, and participate in, the assigned Human Resources activities. Follows assigned processes and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and legal requirements.
* Assist future employees with questions related to the on-line employment application, as well as provide guidance for a successful application submission.
* Maintain and update accurate record-keeping and database systems in a timely manner; assure accuracy of records and inclusion of information from required sources; apply applicable record systems processes and procedures.
* Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
* Drafts and/or prepares responses to routine inquiries for the Executive and Assistant Director (i.e. formal communication, newsletters, etc.).
* Compile and organize information and data for review; maintain documentation and files.
* Prepare and develop meeting materials; provide staff support during meetings.
* Perform a variety of general office support duties.
* Take a proactive approach in functions within the HR Department.
* Prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure.
* Work with accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines.
* Provide support to the entire HR department.
* Work in a versatile environment.
* Attend various training and development courses and programs to enhance personal job versatility and enhance understanding of the Human Resource field.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Associate's degree.
* One to three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Bachelor's degree or higher.
* Three to five years of administrative experience.
* Previous HR experience
This position is 12-months/8 hours per day
Salary range between: $30,000 - $40,000
For consideration, please submit your application by no later than Sunday, March 3, 2019.
Apply online at: www.sfps.info