Administrative Assistants at Penumbra are far more than phone answerers and paper pushers. Instead, they are key members of the teams they support, participating in the day-to-day work of developing, manufacturing, and distributing products that save lives every day. This is a job for a take-charge person who can juggle multiple projects, anticipate new challenges, and represent the company to visitors.
What You'll Work On
- As an Administrative Assistant, you will support one or more teams, possibly including Legal, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Purchasing, or Sales.
- Manage telephone and email traffic for one or more department heads.
- Process and distribute incoming correspondence; draft responses effectively.
- Assist with meetings, calendars, and travel arrangements.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Support other departments and functions as requested.
What You Bring
- The desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where there's something new to learn every day.
- Associate s degree and two years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- An organized and detail-oriented approach, with the ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and clinics primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra P logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.