Working under little or no supervision and considerable autonomy, provides strong administrative support in all capacities needed.Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of research functions and uses computer programs to produce detailed and complex reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Types and proofreads documents, correspondence and forms.
- Carries out varied assigned tasks requiring strong knowledge of office protocol and has a firm understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Coordinates and sets up meetings and conferences, arranges travel and works on special projects with minimal supervision.
- Maintains schedules of one or more individuals or a large department.
- Sets up and maintains manual and electronic filing systems.
- Maintains office supplies and other materials required for departments or projects activities.
- Answers the telephone, takes and relays messages and addresses routine and noncritical issues or routes to appropriate person.
- Coordinates and processes general administrative work such as time sheets, vacation requests, supply requisitions, etc.
- Photocopies, faxes and scans documents as required.
- Ensures effective mail and package distribution.
- Assists employees and Managers with administrative requests.
- Performs additional assignments as requested.
- May supervise other administrative and clerical staff.
- May interface with clients, contractors and joint venture partners at a senior management level.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer at least 10 years of strong, proven experience working in an administrative assistant role.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and other related software skills required.
- Advanced skill in operating a personal computer, various printers, fax machines, scanners and other necessary office equipment.
- Subject Matter Expert in administrative knowledge of business procedures, software, company processes and procedures.
- Able to work in ambiguity and displays cognitive thinking in actions.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and communication skills.
- Expert interpersonal skills and ability to interface comfortably with all levels of internal management and staff as well as clients.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.