LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell(www.lyondellbasell.com)manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LyondellBasell is seeking a Department Coordinator/Executive Assistant with a track record of success for one of the largest and most admired plastics, chemical and refining companies in the world. LyondellBasell is widely recognized within the industry with sales of $44 billion with 55 manufacturing sites across 5 continents. The position will support the Vice President (\"VP\"), Global Total Rewards and the HR Leadership Team of 5 individuals.
The position is located at the LyondellBasell Tower in downtown Houston just minutes from the Park Shops and Minute Maid Park. The position offers a competitive base salary, annual bonus, excellent 401K match, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, highly motivated, an excellent team player and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with attention to detail. The successful candidate in this position will have excellent organizational skills, show initiative to improve current processes and workstreams, possess an outstanding attitude and customer service focus, and will have strong written, verbal communication, and Microsoft Office skills. Due to the sensitivity of our work, a critical aspect of this role will be to maintain confidentiality with all daily activities and assignments.Roles & Responsibilities
As the Department Coordinator:
- Serve as the coordinator for the Total Rewards function by organizing and attending leadership team meetings, keeping minutes from each meeting, tracking open issues/actions, etc.
- Work with the Leadership Team to organize and set the agenda for quarterly Total Reward COE global calls.
- Oversee and communicate all deadlines to the Leadership Team to ensure incompliance with required training, key processes (e.g., performance management), and other company activities.
- Work with the Leadership Team to oversee the budget for the Total Rewards function. This would include developing the full year budget, monitoring year-to-date spend to plan, developing full year forecasts, working with accounting to make certain expenses are charged to the correct accounts, paying invoices, etc.
- Work with the Associate Director of Global Compensation, support the management of the budget for the Human Resources function.
As the Executive Assistant:
- Professionally represent the VP and the organization to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationships with other executive assistants throughout the enterprise including those reporting to the CEO, CHRO and other Leadership Team members.
- Provide administrative support to the VP and the Leadership Team in the preparation of various reports and presentations (including Compensation Committee presentations) as well as performing data analysis of a moderately complex nature.
- Draft general correspondence for the VP.
- Maintain confidential data.
- Coordinate and manage domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries and prepare/submit expense reports.
- Manage calendars for the VP and Leadership Team and oversee Team Share sites and project libraries.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings (including travel and catering set-up and reservations, hotel contracts, prepare agendas, meeting rooms, registration, meeting equipment, recreation, promotional items, billing, and managing outside vendors) both domestically and internationally and exercise judgment in taking initiative on pending action items.
- Develop communications to internal and external stakeholder groups. Initiate phone calls to a variety of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the VP and the Leadership Team.
- Support the planning and coordination of major process, programs, and/or projects to ensure departmental goals are completed on time, and with optimum quality; processes/projects may include performance calibration, talent management, merit process, employee engagement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3+ years working effectively in high-pressure situations while managing multiple tasks and handling confidential and sensitive information (such as financial and employee data) with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel (macros, pivot tables, V-lookup), Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and manage completing job responsibilities prior to issue escalation; able to initiate administrative improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate and coordinate workflow assertively and diplomatically at all levels in the organization, especially at the senior management level.
- Well-honed organization skills-manage workflow and projects effectively and timely; attention to detail required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
- Comfortable working independently and making decisions; able to deal with ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree is desirable.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicitedr?sum?s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston