Job Title - Senior Associate, Production Planning
Job Location - Rochester, NY
Job Code - CS20192###-####5
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Performs planning and scheduling functions involved with coordinating products and materials through various production phases. Implements planned production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements. Reviews schedules to determine materials and parts requirements to ensure materials are available according to schedules.
* Analyzes, plans, prepares, issues, and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements.
* Plans, schedules and monitors the efficient movement of material from receiving through to production.
* Provides status of work in progress, material availability, to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
* Schedules equipment and personnel; confirms material supply and demands; prepares work orders for production based on a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
* Bachelors degree in business / supply chain / engineering discipline
* 2 years planning / supply chain / operations experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Demonstrated and proven record of showing a sense of urgency and an excellent ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated record of problem solving.
* Excellent computer skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access databases with large volume data analysis.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Driven and career minded with a desire to develop the production control and planning skills that are critical to a successful Production Planning/Supply Chain career.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r?sum? for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r?sum?, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.