Senior Paralegal - Healthcare Fraud Unit - Criminal Division
Req #: 217832
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Service Contract Act
Security Clearance: DOJ MBI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
* Mentor/Advise a group of paralegals in trial preparation to include copying, document review, document organization, bates stamping, legal research and searching documents in Relativity
* Assist in various Strike Force cities with trial preparation including in-courtroom assistance, witness preparation, exhibit review and gathering, document review, document organization, bates stamping, legal research and searching documents in Relativity and other databases
* Assist in legal and administrative duties in the course of fraud investigations
* Assist trial attorneys with case organization, document management, witness interviews, discovery matters, administrative tasks, and trials
* Perform document review using review platforms such as Relativity
* Communicate (orally and in writing) detailed summaries and analysis of review findings
* During trial, assist with loading documents to and running Sanction presentations
* Communicate with other DOJ components, Federal agencies and others as required in the course of investigation and litigation
* Report to a Paralegal Supervisor
* Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COR. At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required;
* Trial experience very helpful.
* One year of experience in litigation support or experience in legal field
* Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment
* Excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities
* Ability to consistently deliver high quality work under extreme pressure
* Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software
* Flexibility to work overtime on short notice
* Travel Requirement: up to 60%
* DOJ MBI must be obtainable (US Citizenship required).
* Leadership experience
* Coursework or experience in law and health care
* Ability to perform quality control analysis and report any issues with data
* Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform tasks accurately and quickly
* Customer-focused, congenial, professional attitude for working on-site with government clients
* eDiscovery experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks similar to the duties and responsibilities described
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.